Hi, I'm Lauren! Welcome to Boon & Boys. My posts will offer you a window into my world, but here's a sneak peak about me:
(1) In the past two years we have lived in California, Alabama, and Texas.
(2) I am a daughter, sister, wife, and mommy to our son, Henry, bunny, Max, and dog, Indy.
(3) We adopted Max in 2010. Henry just joined our family in April 2015 (11 days before his due date). We adopted Indy in 2016.
(4) I met my husband, Derek, in college two weeks before I graduated (he's a year younger in school) and we were long distance for almost two and a half years.
(5) I am a proud Texas Christian University alum--Go Frogs!
(6) I am a Bengals fan-- Who Dey!
(7) I got my Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy at Oklahoma State University.
(8) I decided not to do therapy and instead became a registered yoga teacher and opened my own yoga studio.
(9) Opening and running my studio was one of the greatest accomplishments of my life.
(10) I am a bit of a perfectionist.
(11) I am a Pisces.
(12) My husband is a big kid and has taught me to be much more playful (I'm sure our son will teach me a lot too).
(13) I taught myself how to crochet and, although I'm not perfect at it, I enjoy it.
(14) I LOVE food, especially dessert!
(15) Both my husband and I are vegetarians.
(16) We love Disneyland and went there almost every week when we lived in California.
(17) My husband is a captain in the United States Air Force, and I am incredibly proud of him for his service.
Thanks for listening. I'm excited to share this journey with you!